Issue: Master Section presets with ExtFx plugin

A small issue/question: when doing recalls with previously saved Master Section presets that include the old External Effects plugins, its settings are not loaded – since it doesn’t exist in WL10. Normally this is trivial, but for projects where the send level is different from “no change”, recalls are way more difficult. Is there a way to remedy this besides keeping 9.5 installed?

j,

Unfortunately, the old External Effects settings can’t be imported. Sorry.

Too bad. How about making a 10+ only plugin with the same name, that can import the gain settings?

Otherwise, I’ll just keep 9.5 fttb :slight_smile:

j

Do you have that many presets with different levels?

Honestly, it’s not that many, I would say somwhere between 40 and 50. This is a minor issue (for me), so if there is no easy solution, just let it go :slight_smile:

Sometime last year I stopped using the built-in gain (due tono dither on the output), and switched to using the one in DMG Dualism. And that one loads just fine.

j,

Sometime last year I stopped using the built-in gain (due tono dither on the output), and switched to using the one in DMG Dualism. And that one loads just fine.

Do you mean you with to dither the signal you send to the analog gear?

Yes, I dither to 24 before going out. Now I just put a dither plugin before the “send” slot (and don’t touch the send gain).

j,