Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 3930K, Asus P9X79 WS - Cubase 8.0.5 64 bit - Dual monitors, Nvidia NVS 300
Issue: The number of Channels in MixConsole automatically increases from 19, 20, or 21 to 22 when alternating between displaying and hiding a “maximized” MixConsole. (cycling between MixConsole and MixConsole 2 using F3 or windows taskbar also exhibits this behaviour)
My setup: MixConsole and MixConsole 2 “maximixed” on left monitor (only one viewable at a time), Set Number of Channels to 19. Project window maximized on right monitor.
- Display MixConsole
- Display one or more Channels - no zones
- Display one or more Channels - right zone (in my case Group Channels)
- Display one or more Channels - left zone (in my case Input Channels)
- Set Number of Channels to 19 in MixConsole
- Use F3 or Windows taskbar to cycle between MixConsole and MixConsole 2 OR to alternate between displaying and hiding MixConsole. The number of Channels increases until it reaches 22.
Problem only when both Zones (left and right) are used at the same time. When either left zone OR right zone is used, no issue. Not an issue when number of Channels is set below 19 or 22 and above. Does not require MixConsole 2 to exhibit this behavior, just the action of alternating between displaying and hiding MixConsole. Not sure if this is an issue using a single monitor.
Added: Just noticed when alternating between clicking the “Maximize” and “Restore Down” icon, the same behavior is exhibited, but starts at 15 and increases to 24 in increments of 1.
Workaround: Don’t “maximize” MixConsole, but instead stretch window to desired size and/or don’t use both Zones.