[ISSUE] N7: "hide all automation" folds all my tracks?

I’ve got this template with:
4 audio tracks for “Dialogue” in a folder, including a VCA for these 4 tracks and a FX-bus on these tracks
4 audio tracks for “Ambience” in a folder, including a VCA for these 4 tracks and a FX-bus on these tracks
idem for “Foley”
idem for “FX”
idem for “Music”

Makes a total of:
5 folders with each 4 audiotracks inside, 1 VCA and 1 FX bus.

My issue:
When I press “Hide all automation” on 1 of the tracks, the automation tracks hide, but all of my folders got folded as well…quite time consuming to open them all up again and again each time I want to hide my automation…

Anyone experiencing this too?
Thanks for sharing.
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Yeeeees. I know that very well and never understood why it should be that way.
What has hiding automation to do with closing folders?

Oswald

That happens when you’re having a group-track in a folder.

It’s an issue since many years, I think I posted it again and again already in old forum…

Dear people @ Steinberg,
This is quite an annoying and time consuming working method…you guys can do better (experiencing Nuendo 7), have you got a moment to take a look at this please? Some of us are experiencing above mentioned issues a long time, time for some serious thought simple change!
Thanks!

Niek/Amsterdam.

BTW Domilik;
I can’t see I’ve got group tracks in a folder? Please refer to my screenshots in the original post.

Niek/ Amsterdam

A workaround is to use Ctl Click to Open or Close all Folders.

That’s a great workaround for the time being I think, though this should be fixed by Steinberg!
With so many users waiting for N7.1 , this is Steinbergs opportunity to implement a simple fix for this?!
I hope I can say " Thanks in advance Steinberg!" ?

Niek/Amsterdam.

BTW Domilik;
I can’t see I’ve got group tracks in a folder? Please refer to my screenshots in the original post.

But you have VCA faders in this tracks. They seem to be the culprit here. Folders with only audio tracks are actualy not closed.
Remove the VCA tracks from the folder could be another workaround…

But for sure…that should be fixed soon…

Oswald

Thanks!
As a workaround I’ll remove the VCA’s from the folders …
Hope Steinberg picks this up…

Thanks again.
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Removing the VCA’s from the folder didn’t do the trick
Removing the FX-busses from the folder didn’t do the trick

Removing the VCA’s and the FX-busses from the folder did the trick!

Learning every day!
Though, Steinberg; please fix this!

Niek/ Amsterdam.

Im falling over it again and again…
Its realy a show stopper.

Oswald