[Issue] Nuendo 6.5.30 + JLCooper Nuage Panner

With the update of 6.5.30 64-bit, the JLCooper Nuage Panner no longer works under Window 7 64-bit. The hardware still works as intended in 6.0.7 64-bit.

I realize this could be reported in the Computer / Studio Hardware & Setup forum http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=209, but since I believe it is software specific, I decided to post here. The product in question is listed here: JLCooper Discontinued Product

The hardware performs as follows:

Windows 7 - 64bit
Fail: Nuendo 6.5.30 on an Intel i7, 16gb ram, Yamaha Nuage nIO, Master, Fader, Dante Accelerator
Success: Nuendo 6.0.7 on an Intel i7, 16gb ram, Yamaha Nuage nIO, Master, Fader, Dante Accelerator
Success: Nuendo 6.0.7 on an Intel i7 MacBook Pro Retina (yes, running windows 7), built in sound card

Mac OS 10.something 64-bit on a MacBook Pro, Retina
Success: Nuendo 6.0.7, built in sound card
Success: Nuendo 6.5.30, built in sound card

When you load Nuendo and go to Devices dropdown menu in the successful instances, the Nuage Panner already shows up in the list. Also, you can to into the actual Devices menu and hit the “+” sign to add the hardware manually.

In the Failed instance, the device neither shows up in the Devices drop-down menu nor the “+” add device option. Oddly enough, in the failed instance, the JLCooper Nuage Panner does show up correctly in the MIDI Ports as being active. See the attached images.

I have tried everything from resetting the static IP Address and port, to switching the device to DHCP. It still works in the successful listed versions, but not in the Windows 7 Nuendo 6.5.30 64-bit installation. I have tried this on two separate PCs just to be sure before posting here.

The driver I am using is from the JLCooper website: JLCooper Downloads
The actual product driver is v1.0 https://jlcooper.com/_downloads/eclipseseries/Install_Eclipse_PX_Nuage_Panner.zip

Is there a way to manually add the device to the drop down or “+” menu? I feel like the device “wants” to work given it is showing up in the MIDI ports active list and and because it works on Mac 6.5.30. I have contacted the manufacture to see if they know anything about the issue. If the manufacturer responds, I will update the thread.

I welcome any support, ideas, comments, or workarounds! Ideally, I would like to see Nuendo add the controller hardware profile permanently devices drop down list of expected hardware.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

*** SOLUTION *** The support team at JLCooper was very quick to solve this issue and has offered up a very easy fix. As noted below, Joe said he will work on fixing the installation package:

Jeremiah,

I was able to duplicate your issue and determine a quick workaround.

The Nuage Panner setup installs the panner plugin into the
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 6\Components directory.

This worked well for Nuendo 6. Unfortunately, Nuendo 6.5 looks in the
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 6.5\Components directory.

The workaround is to simply copy the EclipsePXNuagePanner.dll file from the

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 6\Components directory

to the

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 6.5\Components directory.

We will modify the Nuage Panner installer accordingly.

Best Regards,

Joe Uribe
Product Support
JLCooper Electronics