Issue remove selected tracks crash

Cubase crashes each time I try to “remove” a selected track. I use Cubase 13.0.30 latest version and have Mac Monterey 12.7.4 running in Rosetta mode. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20.

1. Open file
  2. Right on a track to “remove selected tracks”. It seems like it’s related to an instrument track. I can remove an audio track without any problems. If I make an instrument track with Halion Sonic for example, it will crash if I choose remove selected tracks.
  3. Big crash…

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Are these an Audio or an Instrument tracks?

Could you attach the *.ips file, please?

Hi Martin

Thank you. It’s related to an instrument track. What is an ips-file and do I create it?

Best regards, Kimmo

Hi,

The *.ips file is a log about the crash.

The file is located here:
Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Okay - here it comes.

Cubase 13-2024-04-08-164322.ips (219.8 KB)

Hi again

Trying to open another song made it crash this time. Here’s another log.

Cubase 13-2024-04-09-100418.ips (109.4 KB)

Hi,

This crash happened in the:
LX480 Essentials

The other crash is in Cubase. Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Okay, thank you for this. Is there anyway I can go back to the previous version?

Hi,

This suppose to be fixed in the next maintenance update. So far the workaround is, make sure the “Fader” section is not visible in the MixConsole in the Inspector, once you are removing the track, please.

Hi again

Yes - that worked! No crash. Thanks for that. I will just wait on the update then. Nice to see you guys on top of it!
Best Kimmo

1 Like

Hi,

Cubase 13.0.40 with the fix has been released.