Issue Resolved: How to Wind Back to Previous WL Version

Hi all …

Thanks for your comments.

This appears to be nothing to do with WL.

It looks like … somehow … the big Windoze update re-set my RME card buffer to 256. It has NEVER been 256 since it was installed. I only picked this up because we were looking at the all settings methodically to try and isolate the likely culprit.

A quick re-set to the correct buffer size for the system and all is rock solid once more.

Paul

Hi …

I should know the answer to this, but I have never had to contemplate it.

The reason: After the last update to 9.5.4, I have for the first time ever experienced instability. A track is playing and it suddenly stops and WL disappears from the screen. Any sample rate with or without plugins.Apart from a new mouse and a Windoze 10 update, the only thing changed in the system is the WL upgrade.

In all the past versions of WL, this is the first time I have ever encountered instability. 9.5 in particular has been rock solid until this.

Thank you

Paul

Sounds like a very strange issue, can’t recall anything like it…

Anyway, you can go to My Steinberg and find under My Products a tab with My Downloads. WL 9.5 full installer should be there. Then the update to the previous point update is not available I think… What I see in the Steinberg Downoad Assistant (available from Steinberg.net via Support > Downloads) is the WL 9.5.15 full installer and the 9.5.40 update as well, so I don’t know how to get 9.5.35…

Look for installed updates in Windows‘ control panel and deinstall the latest update.

Hi all …

Thanks for your comments.

This appears to be nothing to do with WL.

It looks like … somehow … the big Windoze update re-set my machine’s RME AIO card buffer to 256. It has NEVER been 256 since it was installed. Sound wasn’t really dropping out like a normal buffer size setting issue and I only picked this up because we were looking at the all settings methodically to try and isolate the likely culprit.

A quick re-set to the correct buffer size for the system and all is rock solid once more. A colleague has seen something like this as well.

We never stop learning.

Paul

Glad you got it resolved. I’m always very weary of W10 updates - always messing with the audio hardware/drivers. Especially with older equipment that runs better on legacy drivers, like my Tascam firewire interface.