Issue Transferring Drums between Computers

My roommate and I make music together using his copy of Cubase 8.5 Pro. We just transfer the physical e-licenser between our respective computers whenever one of us wants to work on something. This works fine except for one major problem: Any drums I add or change in Groove Agent 4 don’t work after being transferred to my roommate’s computer. Anything he does works fine on my computer, but anytime I so much as change the volume of a sample in Groove Agent, the Groove Agent track loads on his computer with no samples. The MIDI information on the track is still there, but there’s nothing for it to play. This creates a huge workflow issue, as we then have to go through and pick out all the samples and edit their settings and effects all over again on his computer in order to get the drums back to where I had them before the transfer.

I recently did a fresh install of Cubase 8.5 Pro and Groove Agent 4 to see if that would help, but it didn’t. I also had my own copy of Cubase 8 Artist installed on my computer, but I’ve deleted it for now in case it was causing issues. My roommate also recently did a fresh install of 8.5 Pro and GA4 as well. As far as we can tell, everything Cubase-related is saved to the same places on our respective computers.

I’d really appreciate any help you guys can offer with this. Let me know if you need any more info and I’ll reply as soon as I can.

Hi,

Do you use internal Groove Agent samples or do you use your own samples?