[ISSUE] VCA kills Trim-Modus

Can we get some response from Steinberg on this please. It has been months.

Dean

Last time around I think it took weeks to get even unclear comments on things.

I think our best bet at this point is to contact Yamaha, as high up as possible in their infrastructure, and point out that there’s a serious problem with one of the companies they’ve invested in. And if this doesn’t get resolved soon I suppose there are other actions one can take, depending on the jurisdiction one lives in. But I’m tired of waiting for this to work properly. I paid money for this update, to a large part for this specific feature. And I did that a long time ago.

It’s embarrassing.

I agree with you. I held off from buying the N7 update because of the reported issues, but finally paid up when Steinberg announced the release of N7.0.35 with the promise that the VCA problems had been so!ved. Obviously this is not the case. I could not duplicate the issue you described (probably due to my own incompetence) although I did get a VCA fader to shoot to the max a one point.

I will try to contact Yamaha here in the UK tomorrow. Maybe they are not aware that there is a serious development problem at Steinberg.

They need to understand that saying that they have a VCA facility is not the same as having a VCA facility that actually works.

What did we pay the money for?

Pretty disappointing at the moment. Was going to upgrade my Cubase but it also has VCA bugs. Hopefully remedied soon.

Perhaps related… perhaps not, but is anyone able to get Trim mode to work while in Preview? On both Mac and Win, if Trim is enabled while in Preview, I get the same fader jumps as described here… rendering it useless. Even without any VCA’s. This is on the latest build.

I can’t reproduce without the VCA connected.

“soon”?

Steinberg has had one week to publicly confirm the bug, which took us about 5 minutes to check. Not a single word from them. Not even an acknowledgement.

“soon”?

Hello,

thanks for this report. It seems as our fix for this particular problem doesn’t work as
expected. We will have a look into this problem, again.
This will be handled with priority.

Thanks,
Timo

You might also want to look at this one too:

And this one:

While you’re at it you need to look into beta-testing and QC. It took me less than 5 minutes to figure out it wasn’t working. It’s extremely hard to believe your teams missed it, for a third time in a row. So perhaps instead of marketing we could get management or development chiming in here to explain just how this happens.

And, finally, your “priority”, which you had since you first acknowledged this, will place us close to a year after initial release before this is fixed. I think you should consider throwing us a bone a this point.

Three weeks since we discovered the latest released didn’t fix it…

June 25th N7 was released. That’s what?.. about 36 weeks?..