Alright… So here’s a small rant to start with:
Seriously I’m just so awfully tired of new updates where standard functions in Cubase that have been working fine since forever, all of a sudden are broken and don’t work anymore… For real, Steinberg!? What’s going on here??
End of rant.
Start of proper issue description:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks). Cubase Pro 8.0.30. Importing a Quicktime video of any kind and putting it on a video track does not work anymore and freezes Cubase.
- Make sure the 8.0.30 update is installed.
- Open Cubase and start an empty project
- Add a video track and press F8 to open the video window.
- Go to the Pool and click import. Try importing any Quicktime video file.
- Experience a rainbow ball of death, along with a barber pole loading bar saying “Video service is currently not responsive / Waiting for video service…”. If you click abort there’s an error message. See attached screenshot. If you do nothing, nothing happens.
- After clicking Abort, try importing a new video file. Does not work.
This happens with any video file I try to import into Cubase Pro 8.0.30. The same also happens when trying to open up ANY Cubase project that contains a video file.
Downgrading to 8.0.20 made video import work again.