Issue with cues

Hi there,

Firstly, I want to congratulate Daniel and the whole team on a magnificent update. Really first-class!

I’m having a couple issues with the otherwise excellent cues feature. I attach a screenshot of the relevant passage in a viola part layout. In bars 30-33, and 51-52, in the cue there seem to be extra (perhaps ‘second voice’) rests inserted which I can’t get rid of. The S1 part has never had a second voice in it. Also in bar 41 there is a phantom cue-sized rest in a bar that has never had a cue in it. I’ve tried deleting the cues in the full score layout and the cue notes go but the rests remain (particularly weird that the rests only seem to cover 5/6ths of the bar).

Relatedly, in bar 33 the cue is supposed to have underlay (the syllable ‘-ae’) which doesn’t appear in any cue at that same point.

I wonder if this is something I’m doing wrong, or if this is a bug?

Many thanks for any and all feedback in advance!

Jonny

Also apologies if this has already been answered! I did search everything I could think of…

Try this: Select the voice lines in the score, click “Edit/Reset appereance” and “Edit/Reset Position”. Then use colors for voices (“View/Note and rest colors/voice colors”). IF these lines are not blue, right-click the selection and try “Voices/Swap voice contents”.

Sometimes something unwanted happens during copying notes from imported xml-files into the score, like wrong voices, wrong positions etc.

If nothing helps post your dorico file as zip, I will look into it.

It would definitely be helpful to see the project file itself, Jonny, if you could post it here or email it to me (if you email it to me, please be sure to include a link to this thread in your email so I can remember what I’m supposed to be looking at).

Thanks, Daniel. I’m probably just being dim, but I can’t seem to find an email address for you anywhere I’m looking…?

The address is d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de
We write it like that on the net in order to “fool” the bots that look for mail addresses and fill them with spam… so you need to replace the dots and ats with the corresponding symbols ! Hope it helps !

Thanks Marc!