Issue with Magellan

Hello all, I checked but could not find this issue so here goes.
I’m new to using cubasis, and computer recording in general, I don’t think I am doing anything newbish but there is that possability lol.

Recording a track using Magellan over iaa. Sounded fine recording, sounds fine when playing back. However when I go to mixdown (or freeze the track) the actual audio comes out tuned down a full octave and sounds terrible.

Ok well thanks to the great tutorials I got my track done with audio-bus. Would still like to know what was goin on with iaa it was gettin really wonky differences between what was played and what audio actually came out when mixed down…

Hi Stratamatic,

Thanks for your message.
I’m able to reproduce the issue and have sent a message to Yonac software to exchange about the issue.

Best,
Lars

Hi Stratamatic,

We gave the issue further tests at our end and do not see the problem related to Cubasis, since track freeze works fine with all other apps we have tested.

Yonac software has been informed regarding the topic, awaiting their feedback.

Best,
Lars

Ok thanks.

Hi Stratamatic,

So far, I did not receive a reply.
Please make sure to inform Yonac software about the issue as well.

Thanks
Lars

I’m having this same issue right now and the track needs to be complete in half an hour to meet a deadline! Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!!

Fixed. Removed Magellan from inter-app. Sent midi out from Cubasis via routing and added an audio track - routing the Magellan app back in as a wav. Got it done in the nick of time for mixing and sending off to client.

Thanks for the update, Jamie!
Glad to hear, you’ve managed to solve the issue yourself and kept your deadline… :wink:

Best,
Lars

I informed Yonac about this issue on the Magellan forum in December 2018. They said “We’re looking into this now… will let you know.” It seems they’ve done neither.

It’s a shame. It’s a great synth. But workflow and efficiency are everything, so in future I’m likely to select something else you know, something I know works.

Hi Jamie,

I’d suggest to go ahead and let Yonac know about the issue.
Once they are aware about it, they might consider a fix.

Best,
Lars

I’ve messaged them Lars. I’ll update when they reply. :slight_smile:

Thanks Jamie! This is great.
Please let us and other users know, once there are news available.

Thanks again,
Lars