Issues while playing back recorded Guitar + Vocals

Hello everyone!

I’ve just started using Cubase as it came along with the purchase of Fucusrite’s studio bundle.
Anyways, I have recorded some small bits of vocals aswell as acoustic guitar, but it has never really worked all that great.
Sometimes it records for a second (the line then stops) and when i stop the recording the track cuts itself all the way back to that second.

I think I’ve solved this though with just an old fashioned reinstall, but then another issue surfaced!
Now I can record just fine but when I hit the play button it doesn’t play-back the track smoothly whatsoever. At first, the sound is delayed in comparison to the image on-screen. Then it plays fine for two seconds to then fade to nothing although there’s supposed to be sound coming through. This patterns keeps repeating all the way through the track. The odd thing is that the soundwaves portrayed seem just fine, so I suppose its hardware-related.

What I use to record: PC: 4670K, 8 GB RAM, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM HDD, 600W PSU
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with the bundled CM25 Mic, Audio Technica ATH-M50

Thanks in advance

Did you ever get a reply to this? I have the same issue on voice when a mic is plugged into port 2. I plug into port one and that works fine. Other instruments work fine on port 2 (such as guitar). Strange!