Issues with HALion Sonic SE and Symphonic Orchestra

Hi everyone,

This started with AI 9.5, and is happening now in Elements 9.5. I’m using the UR-RT 2. It doesn’t seem to matter if the project has just been created, or is saved/existing. It doesn’t seem to matter how much I have going on in the project. When I create a new instrument track using either HALion Sonic SE or Symphonic Orchestra (which is still a trial, but I want to buy if this can get resolved), I receive the “A serious problem has occured: Please …” error popup.

I’m using a brand new desktop: Win 10 Pro, i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, Radeon RX 560 2GB video. My system, hardware and Cubase are (the best I can tell) kept up to date driver/update wise.

I’ve attached the latest crash dump file. Hoping this is something simple I’ve overlooked, or can tweak. TIA!
Cubase Elements 9.5.30.192 64bit 2018.8.15 9.27.dmp (1000 KB)

Hi and welcome,

The crash is in HALion Sonic SE. I reported it to Steinberg (HALLY-7535).

Thanks, Martin! I’ve attached a new crash dump for Symphonic Orchestra (just happened now - I opened an existing project, added a new instrument track for SO, and it crashed).
Cubase Elements 9.5.30.192 64bit 2018.8.16 9.11.dmp (969 KB)

Many thanks for providing the crash dumps. It is a known problem that we are working on now.