issues with Windows 10 update

running Windows 10 Pro and Cubase 10 Pro, recent installation on new pc

Everything was working for two weeks without problems.

Tonight Windows 10 updated to the 1903 build 18362.175 which appears to be a pretty major update to Windows with some new features.

However, when I load Cubase 10 Pro, I get the message “Soft-eLicenser doesn’t have enought permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix this problem” (And yes, the word ‘enough’ has an extra ‘t’ on the end.) If I close that message, it appears Cubase continues to open correctly.

When I open my LCC and run Sync and Maintenance, it says "The Soft-eLicenser stored on this computer seems to be altered in an unrecoverable way. Please contact your software vendor to resolve this issue.

It has Deactivated my Soft-eLicenser, but my fob license is still active. It says I should run Repair Soft-eLicenser function, but that option is grayed out under Actions.

My pc is a new Dell i9-9900K with 64GB RAM and very little loaded onto the 1TB SSD except Win10, Cubase 10 Pro, a handful of standard-issue VST’s, and Malwarebytes. So I kinda doubt this is a hardware issue.

Anyone else encountering this problem with today’s update? (I am predicting this has some very simple and obvious answer that, of course, I’m missing!)

Hi,
run as administrator; update if necessary.