It blacklists..then it doesn't blacklist..

Hi, is there an explanation for this…when I first tried the 9 trial it blacklisted all my ozone plugs and although it didn’t black list my softube plugs I could not load them…so I un installed 9…sick of probs…last couple of days of trial so just thought I’d have another look before saying goodbye so re installed it, now not one problem all plugs work…eh!!! does this mean they will always be there?

the reason I was never gonna upgrade was because of the plugs problem so I would like to know (if poss please) why it suddenly has not blacklisted any plugs…
studio one is a fine DAW but if 9 is working properly it’s got the edge…

thank you for any reply’s :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Are you sure they aren’t still in the blacklist…I think with izotope only vst2.4 versions were blacklisted and vst3 are fine.
So maybe you’re just seeing vst3 and you didn’t get the blacklist errors because the 2.4 plugs were already in the list.

Oh…good info, thanks, will check it out…

What you’re most likely seeing with the iZotope stuff are ‘residual’ files that AFAIK were left from the original install… you can check this by going to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\iZotope and checking which files you have there… If you have Ozone then the Ozone dll should real ‘iZotope Ozone (version).dll’ you may also have a file called ‘iZOzone(version).dll’, these are the files that are showing up in the plugin manager as blacklisted.
If you check your plugins you should still have access to both vst3/2.4 versions.

this caught a lot of people out and again AFAIK iZotope are on the case…

Thanks for the info my friend…