Italics shifting baseline

This is admittedly a font issue, not a Dorico issue, but I’m hopeful someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have typeface in both Regular and Italic fonts. When I switch to italics, the baseline shifts.

But I checked the fonts in a font editor, and regular and italic have the same exact metrics.

Is there something else I should be doing to modify the font itself? Any suggestions? This is driving me nuts. And I can’t switch fonts. Thanks. (PS: I’m looking to fix the font, not make an adjustment in Dorico every time)

This is your dodgy Minion again, isn’t it? :grin:

Mine seems to be fine. Unless it’s a Windows thing.

I’d be happy to take a look.

2 Likes

SUCCESS!! Yes, I knew it was surely because of my modified font, but I couldn’t figure out why the adjusted metrics weren’t making a difference. It was a rather messy font caching issue that required me to edit the Windows registry… but it’s working now.

What a feeling… like finally getting a splinter out. Thanks for the offer @benwiggy.

1 Like

I feel like an auto-prompt warning pop-up reminding you of your unique font settings before posting font problems on the forum could come in handy…

1 Like

Oh, I knew it was a my-font problem, I just couldn’t figure out what was going wrong.