Items move together in engrave mode

Hi all!

I have a project with five staves and they all start with a mp at the same beat, so I selected all starting notes and put mp in the dynamics popover to only have to do it once instead of five times (not a huge time saver I know but still…) When I hop over to Engrave Mode to fine tune their positions individually they are linked together and move in unison and I cannot for the life of me find a way to get one of the dynamics to unlink, or unlink them all for that matter. Is it possible at all?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum @Erik_Annertz !

You can indeed unlink those dynamics to move them independently in Engrave mode, you just need to be in Write mode first.

You can also tell Dorico whether or not to link dynamics automatically (although off the top of my head I can’t remember if this affects when adding dynamics to multiple staves at once outside of notes input).

I use the “do not link” option, and inserting dynamics to multiple staves simultaneously does indeed NOT link them. So the “do not link” function works in that respect.

One can set preferences not to link automatically and it seems to affect all dynamics including hairpins.

Alright where do I find this setting?

Den ons 1 mars 2023 01:30Derrek via Steinberg Forums <notifications@steinberg.discoursemail.com> skrev:

Via the Edit menu, in Preferences…

Thank you all! Not being in write mode was the culprit.