It's on the Online Shop.

Subscription services etc are totally disgusting.

I desperately hope there will be more to the 8.5 update than what was discovered so far, because a synth update plus a bell and a whistle is NOT - and please let me repeat that - NOT worth 50 bucks these days.

While I appreciate all the efforts that might have been put into Retrologue 2, I just would not update to 8.5 if it is the only big change (while I consider a Retina Update and a graphical makeover no reason to pay for it).

Please, Steinberg, shed some light on this until tomorrow (since the usual update release was on the first Wednesday of December in the past years). Please DON’T release a mainly cosmetic update and let the users pay for it, because with the huge amount of feature requests in this forum alone that have NOT been addressed so far, it would feel like a slap in the face to me (and I guess not only me) if the mentioned list of changes would not contain at least one or more features that the community has been longing for.

Leaving these concerns aside (since there is no official announcement about the update), I hope for an update that will enlighten my christmas time, as it did in the past :slight_smile:

+1 :wink:

Realy Nice Sinterklaas gift :slight_smile: Maybe a mod can confirm it, before the tsunami of speculation starts…

confirm what?

Build date of October doesn’t necessarily mean its a beta… That was the date code was last compiled and one could assume it was ready then waiting for the December release date.

Yes I think i’m wrong this is the release version afterall

Could you check if there is anything new with time signature / metronome?

Cubase 8.5 Manual

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhlss4tld3fug22/Operation_Manual%20(1).pdf?dl=0

That’s crazy that you were accidentally able to purchase it 3 weeks in advance (assuming the rumor of a Dec 18 release date is true).

Hello Ed,

I purchased C8.5 from the Steinberg Online Shop after readng at Gearslutz.
The purchase process went smoothly as expected. Same with installation.

No regrets!

Best regards,
W

I think given the latest evidence you might re-asses that assumption.

7.0 was released on Wednesday, December 5th 2012
7.5 was released on Wednesday, December 4th 2013
8.0 was released on Wednesday, December 3rd 2014

If they follow that lead, they most probably will release it tomorrow :ugeek:

???

It’s still crazy that anyone was able to download legitimately yet accidentally from the Steinberg website before it was officially released.
Stuff like that gets people fired where I come from.

I think the link was most likely up for testing purposes and someone found it accidentally or shared it with someone who shared it with someone else. I visited the site not long after purchasing and could find no referance to the download…

btw… I wouldn’t worry about it your not missing anything

That’s a shame to hear as the last several .5 releases had enough meat in them to warrant the purchase.

hang on…

so NO

• Smart tool

• Folder track as Audio bus/Group track

• Macro knobs in Quick Controls - One knob can control a few parameters

• Automation improvements (as in FL studio)

none of these?

he who asked for metronome improvements… show yourself! :slight_smile:

I was just wondering that the guy that had bought and installed it, could check if you could use compound time signatures.

I took a look at the manual, and those weren’t listed… :frowning:

I checked through the manual and it seems that you can now double-click to put notes in midi editor with object selection tool. To change velocity you can drag upwards or downwards. If this is true that would be great. Nothing new for automation and quick controls it seems :frowning: I was really excited for those. But yeah let’s wait for the official announcement.