Ive upgraded to lion

Thought I would take a chance and upgrade this afternoon. I am running cubase 6 and all seems to be working well except embracer synth not loading. I also have cubase SX 3 which is not loading and when I try to load embracer in cubase 5 I get this “You can’t open the application VSTBridgeApp because PowerPC applications are no longer supported”
Some of my apps needed upgrading-I did have a BPM calculated which is not supported but Im sure I can find another free one. I would imagine that older versions of cubase may have a problem so it may be better to wait and see how steinberg’s trial go.

Thanks!

Yes,Cubase 6 seems to run good,but remember to check your old apps cause Osx Lion doesn´t support Power PC-Rosetta anymore.
In my case Nord G2 editor won´t work anymore.

Check your Apps (cmd+I) and find out if they are “Intel or Universal” and you will be fine.
Again, if your app is “Power PC” it won´t work on Lion.

And remember this:“PowerPC plug-ins incl. “Tonic”, “Embracer” and “Monologue” are only available when using Cubase in 32-bit mode.”

Thanks for the tip!

"Check your Apps (cmd+I) and find out if they are “Intel or Universal” and you will be fine.
Again, if your app is “Power PC” it won´t work on Lion.

Aloha,

This will work but if you have a lot of apps this could take a long time.

Another approach is to:
(In the Finder)
1- Go to the Apple menu—>About this Mac—>More info—>
This brings up/opens the ‘System Profiler’.

2-In the System Profiler, on the left hand side scroll down to:
Software—>Applications

Once in ‘Applications’ sort by ‘kind’

Now in the ‘Kind’ column you will see all your apps sorted
by either ‘Intel’ or ‘Universal’ or ‘PowerPC’.

I even have three that are sorted as ‘Classic’
as part of an old AppleWorks Programme.

BTW
the sort column next to ‘Kind’ is:
‘64 bit’. Yes or No. Try sorting there as well.

And don’t forget to quit System Profiler when you are done.

HTH
[‘.’}