Izotope RX Connect issues

You asking me?

no replying to Oliver’s comment above

exactly works fine this way.

RX8 actually works for me, but occasionally I get a blip. Make sure you uncheck auto-apply. RX8 connect actually works sometimes but could glitch up and not apply your updates/edits in Nuendo. My best workaround is to select the event, go to Audio—edit in Wavelab, and then use RX8 as external editor, save the file in RX after editing, return to Wavelab and click send back to Nuendo/Cubase and your changes are reflected. It works 100% of the time, no glitches.

I have been trying to get Izotope to address this issue for a while now. They replied with a possible solution to the problems. However, it does not work for me most of the time. Maybe some of you will have more luck with this hack. As for now, RX6 is still the only version that works without any major issues.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting iZotope Customer Care! I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble!

Currently, our developers are aware of this behavior and we hope to have a fix for this in the next update. In the meantime, we do have a workaround to get it to work again.

This behavior usually happens when closing a file tab in RX. It seems to put Connect in a state where it does not realize that it sent an audio file to RX and therefore will not allow you to apply changes.

1. Delete the files within your RX 8 Session Data folder, this is located within the “Hidden Library” folder.

1. Restart Neundo, and it should work as normal again.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me back!"

Good luck guys!

I just got a similar response:

"Thanks for reaching out to us.

Currently the limitations between RX Connect and Cubase or Nuendo are known issues that are on the RX team’s fix list. I do apologize that this isn’t resolve at this time. My best recommendation here would be to use both applications (Neundo and RX) in tandem to export and edit your audio as needed."

Good to know they’re finally acknowledging it and working towards a solution.