Jammed/skipped sound when playing a piece

Te dan je usega veseja SATB.dorico (810.5 KB)
After pressing play the cursor moves continuously however the sound gets ‘delayed’ or ‘jammed together’ or suddenly jumps in dynamics (like bar 4, 11 …). It always happens at the same place and it gets copied into the mp3/wav files also. Any clues why this should happen and how to fix it?

Welcome to the forum, Jan. Is there any particular place in the project where the playback appears to get held up?

It would be in bar 4, 11, 16, 17, (no f dynamic in 19, 20), sudden dynamic change (delayed) in 21, 38, 46, 47, 48, 49.

Please don’t bump threads, even if it takes a while for me to reply. I keep a careful tally of the threads that are awaiting my further attention, but more complex issues often have to wait until I can set aside some time to really dig into them. I will come back to this thread and your issue as soon as I can.

Sorry for that, I just realised I haven’t clicked ‘reply’ and perhaps you have’t been notified about my answer.

Jan, are you still using Dorico Pro 2? If so, and you’re running a computer capable of running Dorico 4, you should probably consider updating to the latest version. There have been enormous changes and improvements in the four years since Dorico 2 was released.

I think the peculiar playback in this project is caused by the sounds you’ve chosen. If I reset the playback template to use the HSSE+HSO (Pro) playback template, the dynamics and the attacks both sound as I would expect. Can you try re-applying the playback template and see if you find the response of the default sounds any more reliable?

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I have updated to D4 in the meantime. and whilst the improvements are great, I cannot make it to play the music at all now. It doesn’t let me to share a video, so I will add some screenshots. After pressing Play, the green line doesn’t move, stays on the first beat of the first bar.

With that project loaded, could you please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here? The contained files give me a first overview and then I can give further advice. Thanks