Jazz Drum Set with Slashes and Cue Notes - unwanted offset

A picture says more than words:

The slash-“instrument” in the percussion kit is set to “downstem”, therefore the note below the system in the first bar is slightly shifted to the right by Dorico. When I change the slash-instrument in the kit to upstem the lower note aligns with the slash, but the note above now gets shifted.

BUT: In this Discover Dorico Video at 8:45 John Barron does exactly as I do and his notes are not being shifted. Why is that?

Another question:

Is there a possibility to remove the rests in the first bar above and below the system, and in the third bar all rests except the eighth note rest on beat 4? I tried to select the bar and apply edit->remove rests, and to select a note or rest and set the “begins voice / ends voice” property - none of which did work.
Jazzdrums.dorico.zip (563 KB)

This seems to crop up about once a week.

For instance, here is the most recent time I wrote about it, on the 19th, and here is a post from Daniel from five days earlier.

1. Search before you post
    There’s a good chance the question you have, or the issue you’re experiencing, has been experienced by other users before you, and there will be at least one relevant thread for you to find. So please search before you post. Unfortunately the search system on the phpBB forum software is not fantastic, though if you use the advanced search you can generally find what you are looking for. Be sure to select the Dorico forum from the Search in forums list, and you might consider searching for replies from Steinberg staff members, for example searching for replies from “Daniel at Steinberg” in the Search for author field.

The other option for searching is to use Google, which you can set up in your browser. For example, in Chrome, you can set up custom search providers in Settings > Manage Search Engines. For Search engine, give it a helpful title like “Dorico Forum”. For “Keyword”, type something you want to type into the address bar as a prefix for searching the forum: I went for dorfor (not something I’m likely to type by accident), and for Url with %s in place of query I specified:
CODE: SELECT ALL

https://www.google.co.uk/#safe=off&q=site:www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f%3D246%20%s
Once you’ve added this, you can type e.g. dorfor “page up” into the address bar of your browser, and Google will search just this forum for the exact words “page up”.

(Four simple guidelines to help us help you)

As to the initial question, it’s possibly to do with the fact that you have multiple instruments attached to each of those stave positions, but I don’t have time to look into it just now. You can always override it by setting the Voice Column Index of all the notes to 0, from the properties panel in Engrave mode.