Jazz Fusion Mix Check: Issah Contractor - One Foot In

Check out this recording and mix of a jazz fusion track we did for a very talented fellow named Issah Contractor.

Used two Tonelux EQ5P’s and two ToneLux TX5C’s and an Elysia Xpressor all over the track. I used two AEA RPQ 500 as line boost/attenuators after my chains sometimes also using the High-Freq curve shaper or LF filter to add some final shimmer or low/mid removal. Plug-in EQs and Compressors used were mostly Eiosis AirEQ, Steinberg/Yamaha Neve Portico Plugins, and Elysia Mpressor (plugin). All the hardware is new in our setup so still learning it.

http://starbeat.tv/videos/view/29

Terribly cool! Couldn’t see the sax player’s head, was he hiding? Whatever the plugins, the mix sounded fantastic!

Yes, fantastic piece and playing and mix :slight_smile:
Thorougly enjoyed that!

Pro stuff, cool playing and no nits from me :smiley:

Thanks! Just nonchalant camera placement.

Mix is superb, but the playing is absolutely wonderful - fancy being able to play bass and drums like that. Camera placement is hilarious - you even got Issah’s head into the headless sax player’s shot. Has Brent Mah got a face for radio? Great music.

Steve.

I am trying to figure out the modal characteristics of this – at one moment sounds Dorian, then Lydian, then Mix, then…

Anyway, wonderful piece – nice to know SOMEBODY besides Kamasi Washington (or Evan Parker) is still around pushing the genre in new directions :sunglasses:

Excellent, “headless” and all.