JPEG with wrong colours

Hi,
I inserted a JPEG for my title page and the colour of the inserted JPEG is not identical with the original colour. I double-checked and exported my score as a PDF and it still has another colour.
DORICO COLOUR:

ORIGINAL COLOUR:

Looks like a color space issue to me.
Where does the JPEG come from? If you did it in Photoshop or a similar app, make sure you assign the correct color space (sRGB). I am pretty confident that Dorico does not read other color spaces.

I’m using ‘Pages’ on OS X
Then I go on ‘Print’ (within ‘Pages’), I save it as PDF, open the PDF and export the PDF as JPEG.
That’s what my colour panel shows in ‘Pages’:
I never had similar problems with Sibelius, using ‘Pages’.

ok…problem solved. Exporting a PDF as a JPEG using ‘Vorschau/Preview’ from OS X gives wrong colours in Dorico.
Using Photoshop for exporting a PDF to a JPEG and sRGB is giving the right colours within Dorico.
Thanx for the help Ludwig.

In Print mode, are you exporting using the panel on the right (with Graphics selected at the top, not Printer) or the OS dialogs in the bottom left corner? Generally, it’s best to use the panel on the right.

JPEGs are not the best for displaying text: they’re bitmapped, for starters, and the compression algorithm can cause ‘artefacts’ around the letters’ edges.

I would either import as SVG, or just create a PDF and combine it with a PDF of Dorico’s pages.

Blockquote In Print mode, are you exporting using the panel on the right (with Graphics selected at the top, not Printer ) or the OS dialogs in the bottom left corner? Generally, it’s best to use the panel on the right.

Hey Lillie,
‘print mode’ in which software? With Photoshop everything works fine.
Are you refering to ‘Pages’ or ‘Preview’? Your answer sounds interesting - I just can’t find the right software over which you are talking - thanx a lot.

interesting - never thought about that.

Blockquote I would either import as SVG, or just create a PDF and combine it with a PDF of Dorico’s pages.

Dorico - I may have misread your post; it sounded like the colours in the PDF you exported from Dorico were not what you expected? But perhaps you meant just how they were displayed within Dorico itself?

Blockquote
But perhaps you meant just how they were displayed within Dorico itself?

Exactly :slight_smile: