JSON key command file hack question

Anyone knows how to hack the json key command file for overriding “single stem tremolo” in Engrave mode? The input value seems to require an array, and I am not sure about the syntax. Thanks.

I think you should be able to use NoteInput.AddRepeatsToSelection?Definition=/ for a single-note tremolo with one slash; use Definition=// for two slashes, and so on.

How about no slash? I want to disable the tremolo on the last tied note (which happens all the time in cymbal rolls).

You don’t need to figure out syntax for these. Search Preferences > Key Commands for trem and you’ll find all the options you need in the Edit category.

Apologies: you do. Gimme a sec.

Yeah, but your method applies to all the tied notes, not individual one.

Sorry, I’ve played with it for half an hour and I can’t get my head around it.

Thanks Leo anyway.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can easily do that. The Single stem tremolo property needs to be set with a rhythmic offset specified, i.e. the distance from the start of the note that the selected notehead appears, and you can’t practically automate that.

It seems to me that there is a popup list syntax in the code that can’t be read by the JSON file. UI.InvokePropertyChangeValue?Type=kNoteSingleStemTremolo&Value=string: “list: {int: 0}, {bool: false}” (ie. the “Value” part of the code).

As I said in my previous reply, the property requires that the rhythmic offset from the start of the note be included in the command, and that has to be squished together into a single value, which ends up being expressed as a list, and as such it can’t be automated, because you would need to have different shortcuts for every possible offset into a tied note. I’m afraid this is not practical for you to do in the way you want to, and I’m sorry for that.

I see, thanks, Daniel.