Just bought GA 4 and a bit confused

Hi, watching the tut’s by Greg and he is using drum kits that I do not seem to have…are they expansions? really thought the drum kits came with it :astonished:
and how would I use the patches that are in this thread please? :slight_smile:
also it seems that the vst I bought is an old version and I need to update it…is this correct and why don’t they sell the latest version :confused:
the version I have is 4.2.0.290

thanks, Kevin :slight_smile:

latest versions are here I had to also upgrade because the initial install was older

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_groove_agent_4.html

for the kits maybe he is using the add on expansions you have to buy seperatley

The full version of Groove Agent 4 comes with almost 200 kits, not counting the 200 other kits that come with exclusively with Cubase. Cubase 9 and newer added 50 new kits that you wont have if you didn’t upgrade from Cubase 8.5.

It will be easier to tell you if a kit comes from an expansion if you link to the video.

OK thank you guys…here is a link to the vid…Goove Agent 4 Acoustic Agent 1 of 4 - YouTube

I cannot get any drum image to show like on the vid…so are they all expansions to be bought separately. :question:

cheers, Kevin :slight_smile:

They are included. You have to load the acoustic agent, but they are pretty bad tbh. Even at slow repetition rate you can hear a very bad machine gun effect in that video.

OK thanks mate :slight_smile:

For acoustic drums the Simon Phillips addon isn’t bad. But I use GA mostly for the electronic stuff.

Hi, yeah, main reason for me is electronic stuff… :slight_smile: wanna give it a shot :slight_smile: