Just got Cubase 6 but...

I haven’t had issues with graphics lag but i also haven’t spent a great deal of time with C6 (I received it last friday). I have experienced the problem with plugin latency. It happens when enabling and disabling plugins inserts with high latency on vsti tracks. The timing gets out of wack. Stoping and restarting playback resolves the problem until I enable or insert a new plugin on track.

I am on a Mac. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don’t know why, but autosave was turned on (15min^^).
I hope this was the reason for this behave…
Thanks!!![/quote]

I think when you install C6 the basic settings will be that autosave is on, something Steinberg does, and the preferences from C5 are not copied to the new folder. Think that is why you experience that.

Hope this makes sense.[/quote]

Yes you’re totlay right…
and no problems anymore…
Thanks to all!!!

i tried turning things on and off, resetting vst devices, remove and re adding plugins

and no matter what, i couldn’t get the timing issue to fix its self

the plugin was antares AVOX DUO

Just a couple of very quick thoughts in another direction as you’re still struggling…
Have you tried stressing your GPU with a 3D benchmarking tool lately? I had a GPU that was dying through overheating which would kick up things like this from time to time…
Also have you run something like prime95 on your machine just to make sure everything is running as it should be…
Something’s quite clearly not right there… ok it’s not the greatest GPU in the world but it should more than handle cubase… i have a mate who O/C’s his and it still looks pretty decent for gaming.
What is your PSU? does it have enough grunt for your system?
And lastly your GPU is actually quite old now… is it fully compliant with win7 64? Out guitarist has been having problems running his X1950’s on his machine.

i play starcraft 2 on this video card just fine

the nvidia drivers for my card are compliant with windows 7, so that doesn’t seem to be the issue

but honestly, last night i tried it again after a reboot and it was quick and responsive.
my gripe isnt really with the speed of the graphics anymore, i’m still complaining about not having an option to go “flat” with the look of things. i dont like looking at 124 3D rectangles. AND some vst / vst3 plugins still don’t have proper delay compensation.

ok mate. that’s a shame… just thought it may be worth looking at it from a different angle… hope you get it sorted soon!

I still have the same problem but it just seems to be in Steinberg VSTs or maybe VST3 plugins. Compressor etc. UI bar is way delayed

I just purchased c6 and in my group channel for sc compression the c6 comp just freezes. Sound plays but the sc comp gr get stuck.

Ah good so it is not just me. Anyone know of a reason / solution? You cannot really use a compressor without seeing the levels

Since this thread was slightly unrelated I have made a new thread just for this problem here: BUG: VST3 Plugins Graphics Lag - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

“AND some vst / vst3 plugins still don’t have proper delay compensation.”

Which ones, how can anyone confirm if you dont name them

Avox Duo

ok, for no reason out of no where duo is compensated for now

cubase 6… fixing its self every day

I must say I’m very pleased with Cubase 6 overall. I’ve had no crashes and it seems rather solid for a first release, so big kudos for that. The only thing I can report is I’m also having this laggy/delayed display problem. Sometimes I have to click buttons multiple times, both in and out of plugins. This did not happen before in Cubase 5 (on the same system). It’s completely bearable cause I’ve gotten used to it, but I thought I’d report it since it may shed some light to show it might be wide(r)spread.