Message: "...extension signed by Yamaha Corporation... will be incompatible..."

Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by “Yamaha Corporation”, which will be incompatible with a future version of macOS. Contact the developer for support.

1 Like

I also am getting this message for the UR22mkII.

Steinberg UR44C here, with the same message. Using a Mac M1 Monterey.

I’m not sure if this might address the issue here, but have you read the notes at UR-C Updates and Downloads | Steinberg?

Thank you Steve. For the installation of the Yahama driver I followed the instructions you linked to. The driver works perfectly at this moment, at least for me.

My best guess is that Apple gives us this warning ahead of the release of the next MacOS because of the way the Yahama driver is installed: with reduced security. Maybe this is not allowed anymore in the next version of MacOS? In which case we can probably expect an updated driver from Yahama/Steinberg.

Maybe Steinberg can confirm this.

3 Likes

yup - it seems to be because it’s using some sort of legacy extension system to work and that feature is going away soon.

Apparently this message is due to Mac moving away from Kernel Extensions. I just received this alert on an M1 Mini running 12.3 Monterey. To install the driver for my US44 I followed the instructions linked above which required reducing security. I can’t find any info from Yamaha/Steinberg regarding the future of these drivers without kernel extensions for Apple Silicon machines.

1 Like