Just installed windows 8.1 Error immediately after install

I just bought a new Samsung Pro SSD to use for my system amd app drive and decided to make the jump to 8.1. I downloaded the full install iso from support and ran em using virtual clone drive. Seemed to be fine and the combo of ssd and 8.1 seems snappy as all get out until…
I get to the point of picking my generic or my hamerfall asio driver from the popup window. immediately after selection this error is displayed. "Load Library Failed with error 87 The parameter is incorrect " I installed the latest RME driver for my hdsp5296 so should be good. Install on all my other builds has gone great until this. Any thoughts?

yes, revert back to Windows 7. Windows 8.1 is being tested by steinberg right now and has not been approved for any steinberg products yet…

nexis

Currently we are testing all Steinberg products for Windows 8.1 compatibility. The testing is still going on, so we cannot provide you with the final results yet.

However, what is known so far is that some Steinberg hardware products need to be updated to ensure full compatibility with Windows 8.1. Our development team is already working on driver updates for the affected hardware products in order to make them available as soon as possible. Currently we recommend you not to upgrade to Windows 8.1 quite yet and wait for the final testing results.

Please continue to visit www.steinberg.net for news regarding Windows 8.1 and Mac OS X 10.9, as we keep you up to date.

Thank you.

Hi all. I have Cubase 7 on my windows 7 studio pc and Cubase ai4 on my windows 8 laptop. I installed windows 8.1 on the laptop and on launching Cubase it reported that the soft licenser failed. after opening and allowing e-licenser to “perform maintenance” it now opens properly again. so if you do install 8.1, be prepared in case it affects your soft licenses, and update e-licenser will hopefully fix. Ed

After installing 8.1, I performed an e-licenser maintenance update before opening Cubase. I received the same error for about 3 seconds then it continued and opened on its own. So, I restarted Cubase just to see if there were still errors but there were none and all seems fine…!