Just me, or? Soundquality

Cubase is a great tool for production, but is it just me or have PT and Logic better sound-engine? Its sounds for me that some of the energy in the sound voids inside cubase. I’ve have done some A/B testing and its quite perceptible. Its almost that you need a hint of compression inside cubase to match up with f.ex. Logic.

Cubase is a great tool for production, but is it just me or have PT and Logic better sound-engine?

it’s just you:-)

It is just you.

Yes, just you! Your theory implies that Logic has a hidden compressor in it’s signal path which is clearly not the case. Unless you’ve made some kind of error in your setup somewhere you should not be hearing a ‘quite perceptible’ difference between any modern DAW software.

What kind of a/b testing have you done?

No, Im not implying Logic has a hidden compressor…(ofc not). Im implying that the sound engine differs between the DAWs.

It must be Null Test time again!

What kind of A/B testing have you done…?

I have recorded exact same audio material, used exact same softsynths and plugs, export it as wav.
The differences can be comparable to the differences in various DACs…

Frankly, its easier to create a modern contemporary soundscape with logic

There is not anything in the sound-engine that makes these DAW’s sound different, it’s a simple 1+1 calculation. Harrison mixbus uses algorithms to emulate the mixer, or Reason with the SSL, that would make a difference. There are a little difference between 64bit and 32bit-float engines, but still way below any human hearing. I remember in the old days there was a AMD CPU that did a poor job on floating point calculations, that resulted in a different sound, and same project rendered on a Intel CPU would not null. Of course DAW’s sound different, but that’s down to the plugins that comes with them, and how you are routing the signals, or should I say are allowed to route the signals. The ability to create feedback loops, comes to mind.

I have recorded exact same audio material, used exact same softsynths and plugs, export it as wav.
The differences can be comparable to the differences in various DACs…

It must be Null Test time again!

You cannot always do a nulltest with soft synths and plugs to test a sound engine, it will not always null. There are randomisations programmed into many soft synths and plugs. An obvious example is in virtual analogue and algorithmic reverb. There will be other factors at play too.

This has been argued to death, with the same conclusions.

That is your personal preferance to workflow, so be it, if you find it easier then use Logic. But the audio engine is no better with Logic or Pro tools.