Just one way out

Just uploaded this second mix of my song ‘just one way out’, and I’m now confident enough to throw it out there. Comments on the mix or otherwise are most welcome :slight_smile:

This is my first attempt at this high BPM aggressive electronic music and also the first time I used sidechaining. Any comments specific about that would be appreciated!

I like this. The mix sounds good to me. My comment would be that between 2:15 and about 3:45 it sort of drags on with some small variations but nothing really exciting or new happening. Like an extended bassline solo. Right at 3:32, the bassline gets filtered for about 1 or 2 seconds (a soft note?) and sounds a little out of place (like at 3:50 when you bring the bass down but this one is all alone).
Bottom line for me is its a great song but I would just throw a change up in there between 2:45 and 3:15 or something.
SIncerely,
J.L.

Thank you very much, I’ll try for something new in that part :slight_smile:
You’re right about that soft note, it’s only 10 down in velocity but the filter cutoff is very strongly linked to it so that’s probably it. Will fix :slight_smile:

Yep, sounds pretty good to me too :sunglasses:

Nice job.

Sounds good

Sounded pretty good to me, like the eerie opening and textures throughout. I only had one niggling observation which I see has already been mentioned:

Nice :sunglasses:

+1

Very nice recording!

Thanks guys, really glad to hear it transfers well to your systems, that gives me a lot more faith in my untreated room with entry level monitors :wink:
I’ll see what I can add to make it more interesting, thanks for listening everyone!

sounds good. maybe some solos and/or vocals would be cool too if you felt like adding anything else, but it’s not necessary…

good stereo field when the bass is filtered, love the lowest note. has a nice dreamy vibe that could groove on and on.
cool minimalist approach

What first hit me with this song was the cool use of synth sounds vs real drums etc.
I like that. It is not my “go to” music but I like it.

All the best, Kim

Thanks everyone, very much appreciated!!!

This is something I have been toying with for a while. I was thinking of doing some sort of vocal but I’m not entirely sure yet how to implement that. Still experimenting, I might try something with the vocoder, I’ve never used it before :slight_smile:

Sounds cool, Strophoid. Nice work!

:sunglasses:
Sav