Just Ordered C7!

Back on topic… I also placed my order today, will be a parallel install for obvious reasons… but the excitement is starting to form… :open_mouth: :laughing:

Aloha W,
Did you get it yet?
And if so, how is it working for you?

{‘-’}

Yes, got it this week! :smiley:

Didn’t have time to install it yet, but I’ll probably have some time this weekend.

Cheers,
Wim

I look forward to hearing your experience Wim! :sunglasses:

I installed C7 yesterday.
Apart from the usual extra work having to install on a computer without internet connection everything went fine.
I was able to open and work on C5 projects without any problems.
I did not start a new project yet.

The new GUI looks good to me and so does the MixConsole.
I still have to check the videos, but I think it’s an improvement and won’t take much time to get used to.

Go for it, Robin! :smiley:
I’d like to hear what you think as well.

Wim

Oh wow! Windows 7 turned up earlier today and now Cubase 7 has just been delivered! It’s a 7’s day all round :wink: I’m gonna be a busy Rok over the next day or two :sunglasses:

I just received my boxed upgrade this evening. I will make a start at upgrading, but it may not be happening until tomorrow as I am out of steam, long day. Hard to wait, but sleep comes first (can you tell I am getting older?) :laughing:

Nice to hear it was bloodless for you… I am hoping for the same.

How was the performance, what are your specs?

Lucky sevens all round! Bit of work ahead of you though, perhaps 7 days! :sunglasses:

:laughing: Indeed! I wish I could get into installations. :mrgreen:

It is one of the more fun and interesting aspects of working with new (cough beta cough) software. :sunglasses:

So true… after I installed and activated, I opened the application, and it crashed within about 15 seconds of me clicking on something. :laughing:

I was not surprised mind you, so I trashed the prefs, and started again, it was more stable, but lots of missing conent, etc… so I am going to go through all the remedial steps as most others have had to. But overall, I’d say it looks nice, and I know I can use 6.5 still, so no worries. I did not install the 7.0.1 patch yet, seems that makes more things worse than better from what I’ve read in the C7 forums.

As a rule I remove anything other than the pure necessities, not because I don’t like included content but because I want a faster executing DAW.

I am however very happy that presets of 3rd party VST’s never seem to go awry.