Just upgraded to 10.5

Why does all other software save user preferences since 1995 ish except Cubase I have to spend hours to reconfigure everything?

Why are developers torturing users clearly requesting colored tracks by not simply coloring THE WHOLE CHANNEL AND CLIPS, not just another inch each upgrade?

Why when I Rclick a clip is there no “move to origin” as there used to be? Did they take this away so they can give it back in an update? In fact why not Why not make ALL options available on right click for whatever one Rclicks on?

What happened to my transport controls, “go to previous” " go to next" and other buttons are gone?

Why is selecting a UAD plugin like going to the dentist, very painful as it shows all pluggins not just authorised ones and is a single file list with no mouse wheel support only clicking an arrow and snoozing while it scrolls.

I can go on but, is anyone listening?

This is a great mystery. For many folks (myself included) the Preferences always copy fine. No one has ever figured why this fails for some folks. I’ve seen speculation that it is related to checking the box during installation about installing Cubase for “all” users. But it should not take you hours to reconfigure stuff - usually (so I hear) it involves copying a few files into the new Cubase folders.

What happened to my transport controls, “go to previous” " go to next" and other buttons are gone?

Just answered that here https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=173783 Don’t want to retype

Why is selecting a UAD plugin like going to the dentist, very painful as it shows all pluggins not just authorised ones and is a single file list with no mouse wheel support only clicking an arrow and snoozing while it scrolls.

Because all of those are plug-ins that you can load and run, right now. Cubase doesn’t know anything about which plugs UAD authorized. And even unauthorized UAD plugs are available for you to use on a trial basis - all of this is under the control of UAD and not Steinberg.

So that’s why they are all available.

But the reason you need to look at them all the time is because you are using the default Plug-In Collection which includes every available plug-in. Most folks choose to create one or more custom Collections so they can arrange & view their plug-ins however they prefer. You are free to do the same.

I can go on but, is anyone listening?

It has been my experience that the less one rants the more people listen :wink:

As Raino said, this is a UAD issue, not Cubase. The Plug-in manager can help if you use it to its full potential. Personally, I don’t mind UAD doing this because I’m always demoing new UAD tools, and every plug-in resets with every UAD (EDIT) purchase.

Also fellow beta tester Phil created this little tool specifically to eradicate the UADs you eternally hate…or whatever.
https://www.pendlebury.biz/product/uad-plugin-mover/

I didn’t know that, good to keep in mind.

My apologies, I’m wrong!

It’s only when you buy something does everything totally reset. I guess I have bought too much. I do know however, if you call them there is a chance they can reset it for you…if like you are on the teetering edge of making a purchase.