Keeping Editors in Second Display/Monitor

Hi,
I’m hoping this is easier than I’m making it, but I can’t seem to get any of the editors (key editor, score editor, sample editor) to stay on my second monitor, or open and default to second monitor. For examples I select a region and open the Key Editor, I move it to my second monitor and maximize to fill the screen. everything is good until I close the editor and reopen, it defaults to main screen again. the score editor does the same thing. Is there a way to have those editors default to a certain screen when opening. I tried using Workspaces but it still defaults to my first monitor. any ideas?
thanks!
Matt

The multi monitor handling and workspaces are very flaky despite the apparent re-working.

I had this the “opens everything on monitor 1 regardless of previous position or saved workspace position” until 8.0.3. Now it’s mostly ok but I think I had to trash my preferences and re-save my template to get it to work. I still get occasional random re-positioning or ignoring the previous maximise state but it’s usable now.

dbh

I’m going to try trashing the prefs, maybe that might solve my issue. thanks!

yeah trashing preferences unfortunately didn’t work. just seems like I’m going to have to live with it.

If you are on pc you can use winsize2 for that.
http://winsize2.sourceforge.net/en/index.html
I use it to lock my project window, transport bar, and plugins. Even in projects from other studio’s/ computers the plugins open automaticly where I want them to ( a dedicated one finger touch monitor set to a low resolution = big plugins).

You can set every window to " always". (Then you cannot move them at all) , or open at the predicted spot every first time, but still be able to move/ resize them. (you can lock the size/position or not). The program works by checking the windows name, so if you edit it to be “de- esser” , do not lock the size ( set size to 0 or -0, check the manual of winsize2 for that), all your de- esser plugins end up at being opened at the xy location you specified.

It is also very handy to lock explorer windows at a predictable location ( multiple folders side by side for moving/copying etc).

For examples I select a region and open the Key Editor, I move it to my second monitor and maximize to fill the screen. everything is good until I close the editor and reopen, it defaults to main screen again.

I never have that issue, mine will open in the 2nd monitor, Im using windows 10, perhaps OS version has something to do with it. I know windows 10 handles multiple monitors better than older versions of windows

thanks for your responses, I’m on Mac, which might have something to do with it.