Key Command 2 Open VSTs in Channel Editor?

I’m possibly losing it … but I could swear I used to know how to use a key command to open all the inserted VSTs at once from the Channel Editor. And I think I learned from some nice person here or on the old forum.

Anyway, in the mixer section of the key commands I’ve found commands to close/ reopen the channel editor from the selected track and one to close all VSTs … but I can’t find (or figure out which) any command that would let me open all the VSTs for editing after the channel editor is opened.

Anybody?

Como

There is definitely a key combination that’ll do it but I’ve totally forgotten it as well :laughing:

there is no key command to open all VST GUIs of the selected channel. I’d like one, too.

There only is a mouse action, like holding + and clicking “e”, or something like that, to open all VST GUIs of that channel…

but no key command, afaik… bummer…

Yeah, mouse and key combo, thats it…

Hello

Yes, that’s right: SHFT+ALT+click with the left mouse to the “e” of the desired channel.

As I have an Avid artist mc control v2, I’d like to have a key commend as well to program it to the touchscreen.
What’s about a macro? Is this a possible way to do it?

Cheers

no, not possible, as there are no key commands like “open VST GUI of insert slot #x” etc…

It’s not even possible using a generic remote way, as one midi input command only allows for one generic remote action, but not 8, which would be necessary to open all VST GUIs of all 8 inserts…

you COULD use some 3rd party software, which receives one specific MIDI command and outputs 8 different MIDI commands to trigger 8 generic remote actions… but… well… the functionality is already there in Cubase, we just need a Key Command for it…

+1 I’d like Steinberg to add this key command… For the selected channel(s) I suppose.

Mike.

Thanks all … SHIFT+ALT+L-Click a slot’s ‘e’ button gets me plenty close and with key command to toggle open/ close selected track’s channel editor and another key command to close all open VST GUIs gets me to what I’d like to do.

Not at my DAW, but if I recall this also works in reverse to close them all with SHIFT+ALT+L-Click on a highlighted blue ‘e’ button.

Actually, more than a key command, I’d like an option to automatically open all VST GUIs in a channel editor of a selected track and then close them when I select a different track, now open the VST GUIs in that channel editor, etc.

I’d also like it if there was a way to select which VST GUIs should open when the channel editor is open … sort of like the hide tracks options by individual track and by type in the mixer.

AFIK, the SHIFT+ALT+L-Click is undocumented. I wish there was a good thread on all such undocumented little secrets.

Como

Como - Actually, more than a key command, I’d like an option to automatically open all VST GUIs in a channel editor of a selected track and then close them when I select a different track, now open the VST GUIs in that channel editor, etc.

+1, yeah, a while back I posted this idea as a new feature. Not much response, but it would help me greatly. In fact, take it one step further and make it remember the ones you had open last time, so for example you’ve opened the EQs so you’ll only see the EQ when you move between the tracks not the chorus or compression plugins.

I’d settle for a key command to open plugins on the selected track, but automatically opening and closing them would be so much better.

Mike.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm … is SHIFT + ALT + Left Click working for anyone in C6?

It doesn’t appear to be working for me.

Como