Key command for Midi port "not connected"

hi guys I have a master 88 noted Yamaha P200 controller keyboad that has a broken “local” button. So with this button broken I can’t disable local midi signals. This means every time I play the keyboard on the track I just recorded or playback I get a midi “flanging” effect because I’m hearing the notes as I play them and also coming back from the Cubase. What I usually do is when I record I disable the output midi port to “Not Connected” but then when I have to play back I have to reconnect this port. I do this a lot of time in a session.

Can you guys think of a way to make this work on a key command or maybe something else that will have the same results as disconnecting the output midi port?
C

Hi,

What about Mute the track?

Did you try to send midi cc 122 to the keyboard. 0 should turn the local off and 127 should turn it on.

1 Like

Hey Martin.
No Mute doesn’t work in this case. It only effects playback but not live play.
Thank you though for trying to help.
C

Hi,

What about to disable the MIDI Thru in the Preferences?

I didn’t think of this and didn’t know there was a cc for a control like local!
How would I implement this? I see under the MIDI menu there is an item called CC Automation Setup. I do see CC122. But do I add an automation track and add it to that or is there a better way to do this?

Ahhhh that’s the answer! Thanks Martin. Yes that works great. Cubase is like a catacombs of features and options.
Tell me did you learn Cubase by using it for years or is there a good tutorial book or video series for this?
I don’t find the manual that helpful in this area.
Your thoughts?
Thanks again
Chris

I would just create a midi part, open key editor and draw a midi cc event in the controller lane. Let it playback once.

1 Like

Hi,

By using it for years, by reading the forum and try to help the others. I’m learning every day.

1 Like

Ahh thanks

Ok that’s what I thought but just in case there was some Holy Grail of a document guide it was worth asking.