Key command for "Scale--Cue"

Dan, it works for me when I paste Daniel’s snippet at the end of the kWriteMode context.
I suppose you have broken the json syntax, presumably by not adding a comma at the end of the previous line.

Copy and paste the complete file into a json linter before you save.

EDIT: If you can’t figure it out, post your file here and I’ll take a look.

The trouble with JSON is that it’s a “binary format”: either everything works or nothing works - there’s no intermediate state.

You can also send it here and I’ll take a look…

I ran it through the linter and got:

Error: Parse error on line 7:
…“shortcuts”: [ }, { "Edit
---------------------^
Expecting ‘STRING’, ‘NUMBER’, ‘NULL’, ‘TRUE’, ‘FALSE’, ‘{’, ‘[’, ‘]’, got ‘}’

AHA!

…just kidding, I have no idea what that means

I mean, I can see I broke the code. Not sure how to fix it without making it worse. File is attached.
keycommands_en.zip (1.3 KB)

Delete line 9.

Ahhh… sigh of relief. I’m back to normal, thank you all.

Lesson learned: stick to what you know!

This file should give you Alt+C for cue note scaling. I added it in the kGlobal context, now it should work in Write and Engrave Mode.
keycommands_en for Dan.zip (1.55 KB)

Thank you!! I’ll take a look at exactly where you put it.

Well, I’m afraid it didn’t work. When I put that new key commands file into the folder, I once again lost all key commands. I restored the one I had fixed, per your instructions, and key commands are back, but the added Alt+C command seems to have broken that file.

Perhaps there’s something in my particular key commands that’s causing a conflict? But nothing is assigned to Alt-C…

That version reintroduced the error in line 9. This version adds the shortcut to the kMusicEditable context (which really is for Write and Engrave modes) and uses the shortcut Shift+Alt+. (period/full stop). You can edit the shortcut itself provided you’re careful!
fixed-keycommands_en.json.zip (1.88 KB)

Thank you Daniel!

Uff! Sorry, Dan, I forgot to fix the syntax error myself. :frowning:

So uh, I was digging through the forum looking for a way to assign a command for “scale->cue” but i don’t want to accidentally nuke my other commands. Any progress here? If it helps, I’m using Keyboard Maestro as well.

Actually I just made a macro for it using the not-too-graceful “move and click mouse” action. Better than nothing!

John, just follow the steps above. I’ve been using it even since: Ctrl-Alt-C!

Hi everyone. I’m so sorry but I posted this in a different thread before realising I should have posted here.

I saw this kCue line and it’s great. I actually created an additional line/shortcut using kNormal which works great too!

I was wondering though, is there a code I could use besides kNormal to deselect the scale option, rather than leaving the option selected and adjusted back to “normal”.

So ideally I’d have a shortcut (kCue) to turn on cue size, and another to turn scaling off completely.

I think I’m just worried about having a bunch of normal notes mixed with a bunch of scaled-to-normal notes. Is there any sort of downside to this? Perhaps this is not something to worry about?!

Apologies again for the double post

When I record a macro of myself turning off that switch in Properties, I get a line with:

UI.InvokePropertyEnableSwitch?Type=kEventScale&Value=false

1 Like

Couldn’t get that one to work but oh well. At least I have the previous option. Thanks for the help anyway.

EDIT: Got it to work!