Key command/macro to switch focus to Project Window?

Hi

I’m using 2 monitors - one for Project window, one for Mixer window.

Previously, I’d set up a macro, tied to a keyboard shortcut, to “Select All [events in project] / Set Left/Right Locators”, so I could loop through the whole project.

BUT if I tweak the mixer, then trigger my macro, nothing happens, because focus is on the MIXER window, and the macro needs to be triggered with focus on the PROJECT window.

Does anyone know if there’s a key command/macro that will reliably switch focus to the Project window, no matter which window currently has focus?

Thanks

Here you go:
macro.jpg

Neat, perfect - thanks so much!

You may not even need a macro. How about just the KC “bring to front”?

Yep, bring Project to front is what’s needed. (There’s a default bring to front assigned to “U”, but that’s for events.)

I thought I’d just give the whole macro from the OP while at it. :slight_smile:

this isn’t working here…

Mixer window (on a 2nd monitor) stays in focus after ‘project - bring to front’.

Any ideas why?

Hey, zoot!

No idea. Are you sure the command is going through? Can you temporarily assign it to a key and check if it works? Like, be in the mixer, touch and move some faders, and then just press the key for “Project - Bring to Front” and then type, I don’t know, 2, 4 , 1, 8, some numbers from the alphanumeric side to see if the tools change. It should work, it’s just a command. If it doesn’t maybe it’s time for the time-honored preferences trash.

The problem was my choice of keyboard shortcut (Cmd+Esc). Probably collided with some global Mac shortcut.

1 Like