Key Command Not Valid - HELP!

So i have a Key Command that i have used for ages. It worked fine with C8.5 on my win 7 pro system.
I recently upgraded my OS drive and moved to Windows 10.
Now when i try and add the Key Command to my freshly set up C8.5 i get “Preset is not valid” error.

Anyone have any idea what’s going on and what i can do to correct it? I really dont want to have to reprogram them again.

Maybe you could share a few details? The video feed from your studio is currently not functioning :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: Sounds like it was a (project) logical editor?

When i open the Key Command UI (no song loaded) i see the file i dropped into that folder. When i select it i get the “Preset not valid”. Never happened before. I tried an older one too with no luck.

What additional info would you need me to provide to help me through this? I appreciate any and all help.

Sorry, I can’t make sense of what you’re saying. Key Command UI that you dropped a folder on?

So i found the folder where the default key commands was located. I took my old key command and put a copy of it into that folder.

The key command UI is when you click “File” (upper left) and see all the options from Open, new to Preferences. One of those choices is Key Commands that opens up the interface that deals with Key Commands. IN that interface on the bottom right is where you can choose which key command you want. When i hit the drop down arrow i see the default choices AND i see the one i have used for years. When i select it is when i get the “Preset not valid” error.

Hope this helps.

If you want to re-use a Key Commands.xml file it has to be called by that name exactly. You are trying to select a preset, but the file you are using isn’t actually a preset, it’s the actual Key Commads.xml from your previous install, right?

If so, quit Cubase, and use the Windows Run command (win-r) to open
%AppData%\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5_64
and place the Key Commands.xml file in there, and it will replace the default one that’s currently there.

Restart Cubase and your key commands should be as they used to be.

Thanks! I’ll give this a shot tonight.

Tried this method and no luck. Keep getting the same error.

Instead of chasing my tail with this i went ahead and reprogrammed the key commands i use to work with my Xkeys thing.

Thanks for the help.

You’re welcome, sorry I couldn’t help you sort it out.