Key command or macro to add audio track presets?

Hi

Adding an audio track using a key command is pretty fast but adding my custom audio track requires to open the browser and takes so much seconds to scan the presets and there’s no option to add multiple ones.
I wonder is there’s a fastest way to add audio track presets and add multiple instances in one shot…I tried to create a key command but couldn’t find the way to do it.
What about a macro?
Or there’s a way to configure the preset manager to work faster? Maybe remove the other presets that scan on and on every time it opens.

Any suggestions are welcome.

TIA

Hi,

I cannot imagine such kind of Macro, made in Cubase only.

What about to Insert just an empty Audio track, and then load a track preset? And if you already have the track, you could duplicate the track, select all events of the track, and delete them (this could be handled by Cubase Macro).

If I’m reading you right there is a way to add a track preset where it goes directly to the preset without having to scroll to it. But you have to save it directly to the track itself.
Open the track editor (“e” button) and look at the top of it and you’ll see save track preset. Once you’ve done that you can set a key command to it under Project / Track Preset: Open Browser. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies.
Yes my grip is that the browser takes so much looking through the presets (despite tag and rate)to find the ones that I created and want to use.
So the only workaround seems to be to add the preset and then duplicate it.
Should be a way to use key commands to add specific user track presets directly avoiding opening the browser or the media bay.
Maybe in future versions.

Regards

So the only workaround seems to be to add the preset and then duplicate it.
Should be a way to use key commands to add specific user track presets directly avoiding opening the browser or the media bay.
Maybe in future versions.

or simply tag your track preset to find it quickly !

I think it’s reasonable to assume, from a user perspective, that if you go to the trouble of creating a track preset you’d like to get to it quickly. Right-clicking and then navigating media bay is clunky at best, and, if you don’t know your way around, you’ll get lost trying to find your preset.

I too would like to create a key command to instantiate a complex track preset and stop having to muck around in media bay.

-Rich

1 Like

Hi all

There’s a way to do this using track templates which there is a shortcut for. Prepare all the tracks you want, select them all and export them as a track template. When you need one, :sunglasses: import the track template and you get the option to choose which tracks you want. I prefer it to the track presets system although I use both

Best Regards

Dave

ya know it funny ,i was tring to do the same thing last night,well i was unable to use keycommands for a/b’ on inserts and i wanted to load different track presets for an audio track,it was for a live situation,but could not do it,the only workaround i came up with was to setup up say 4 groups and automate the direct routing to switch to the different groups

Cool, I didn’t know this (Cubase seems to always have a surprise up its sleeve). Although it seems to be called Track Archive & not Template.

I’m not able to get this to work as expected. I add an instrument in the rack, activate a number of outputs, set up my instrument, choose all the tracks and attempt an export. Cubase says “The selected track types cannot be exported”

So…back to the drawing board. Perhaps I’m missing something?

-Rich

Given the level of intricacy of many of the key commands provided, it’s odd that this one is not. It’s actually odd that there isn’t a way to set a key shortcut for any desired operation in product. There are many I would like to set myself, and there are many I do not need set. And I think this is true for most users.