Key Commands for Signposts

Is it possible to assign a key command to toggle between seeing or hiding signposts?

To hide and “restore” ALL the visible signposts with ONE key shortcut would be very handy, indeed. :slight_smile:

No, it is not currently possible.

Meanwhile a work around with a lua script. The script can easily be extended for other signposts.

local app=DoApp.DoApp()
app:doCommand([[View.SetSignpostFlagTypeShown?SignpostFlagType=kFrameBreak]])
app:doCommand([[View.SetSignpostFlagTypeShown?SignpostFlagType=kSystemBreak]])
app:doCommand([[View.SetSignpostFlagTypeShown?SignpostFlagType=kBarDivisionChange]])

The disadvantage is that you have to execute the script the first time manually, for furter executes there is a key command available.

I seriously think this is needed. So hopefully one day… :wink: Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

It would save much time to have a key command to turn on and off signposts. Can this be done with a Macro? I tried the Script/record macro…and it works to “run last script,” but can I assign a key command to that macro and then record more? (I need 4: frame break on, off, system break on, off).

+1

Rather than trying to use one of Dorico’s built-in macros for this, it might be worth considering the use of a third-party macro recording program. On Mac I think the favoured choice these days is Keyboard Maestro, and on Windows, it’s AutoHotKey.

Thank you!