Key Commands from 7 to 7.5

Hello,

How can I pass my key commands from Cubase 7 to 7.5? I recently upgraded from 6.5 to 7 and had to redo all the commands. I tried “Show package contents” but I couldn’t find the Commands file anywhere.

Also, Is there a way to pass template files from one to another?

Thanks,

J

OSX 10.8.5

Cubase 7 & 7.5 are separate installs.
There are separate folders/files for each.

What I did, is copy & paste my relevant files from C7 to C 7.5’s folders.

But I renamed the ones in C7.5’s folders first - to something very obvious, just in case I want to change things back to their defaults.
Also, so that you won’t have 2 files with same name in the same folder.
The file you’re looking for is an .xml file called ‘Key Commands’.

It’s located in: C:\Users\Your Computer Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7.
Then copy & paste it in the same menu tree, only the last folder should obviously be Cubase 7.5 instead.
*Your Computer Name should be found in Control Panel\System.

Moving Template Files should be the same idea - just locate them and you should be good to copy & paste them like above.

There might also be an import option for those somewhere.

Eh, that’s the Windows path. He is using Mac. :slight_smile:

This subject has been discussed in many threads before. It is generally recommended to set the key commands manually once again after each new version installation. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck.

You mean manually edit each of one’s custom KCs? That seems unnecessary. (maybe I misunderstood.)

A safe way to manually transfer settings to a new version is to save presets in the old version, and copy the contents of the presets folder to the newer version’s presets folder. They are then available to load in their respective dialogs, i.e., Key Commands, Preferences.

Mac paths: (in the Finder hit command-shift-G and paste)
~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/Presets
~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7.5/Presets

Oops! Guess I should have caught that before I bothered.

Especially with this > OSX 10.8.5 < staring me in the face & all.

Oh well - my bad - my loss!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I can’t seem to find them in Library/Preferences. There is no Cubase folder in there. I tried opening the Package Contents but both the personalized templates and key commands aren’t there. Anywhere else they could be located?

They are not in /Library/Preferences, they are in ~/Library/Preferences.

(The User Library folder is hidden) Either do this: hit command-shift-G and paste in one of the lines below.

~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/Presets
~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7.5/Presets

Or use the Go menu in the finder holding down the option key will reveal the User Library folder.

Thank you Steve! I really appreciate it.