Key Commands puzzlement

So, I I just tried to program a key command (just ONE) for zoom, and now all of my key command (all of them) deleted and I can’t start, stop, open editor, anything. All the keys on my keyboard just make that Mac sound when there is no function for a key when you press it.

Thanks, now Im going to have to load the default and try to remember the previous commands I edited.

Super!

Well, you live and learn. Next time, save your custom Key Commands as a preset.

I just want to know how editing one key command ended changing them all…

I’ve been spending the last month trying to make the jump from Logic to Cubase, but Im starting to see that beyond all the glam with Cubase, there’s a lot more trouble under the hood.

I have never read of that happening.

For there to be a verifiable bug, you might want to write an exact step-by-step reproduction of what you did to generate this so others can either verify or deny the same behavior.

Most likely something else happened in addition to you editing one Key Command. Tons of folks are editing both single and multiple Key Commands everyday without incident - or these forums would be overflowing with posts about it and this is the only post about it ever. I think you are confusing coincidence with cause & effect.

Do you perform regular system backups? If so you should be able to restore your old Key Commands.xml file. If you don’t do regular system backups consider this a wake up call.

Most likely something else happened in addition to you editing one Key Command. Tons of folks are editing both single and multiple Key Commands everyday without incident - or these forums would be overflowing with posts about it and this is the only post about it ever. I think you are confusing coincidence with cause & effect.

[/quote]

This is true.

I attempted to program the Zoom Vertical function by setting “Command + Scrolling Up/Down” on mouse surface (Apple Magic Mouse). That is when it happened and I noticed afterwards that the key commands were actually not deleted, but had “Command” in front of every key.

So I guess I have to give up on trying to get Vertical Zoom to work like it does the Horizontal Zoom. I don’t understand why Cubase can do one but not the other. Its a hugely efficient editing feature in Logic and since Cubase has Horizontal Zoom on the Magic Mouse/Track Pad, you’d assume Vertical Zoom would work too.

That’s understandable.

I attempted to program the Zoom Vertical function by setting “Command + Scrolling Up/Down” on mouse surface (Apple Magic Mouse). That is when it happened and I noticed afterwards that the key commands were actually not deleted, but had “Command” in front of every key.