Key Commands should work without need to change focus.

Especially for multi monitor setups.
One example: g+h for zoom function in project window should be working even if MixConsole is in focus. In MixConsole I use different KCs for zoom in and/or out.
One key one function throughout cubase no matter which window is open. The same applies for Nuendo.
Hasn’t this been there before? I’m not sure.
Kind regards, Steven

+1

Was no issue up to Cubase 6. The focus problems were introduced in 7 and are still present in 8.

+10000

A big +1000

A scandal that it was not fixed in the C8 release.

I were here last year (under a diff name - no secret), and by then nobody from Steinberg could/would answer the Q about what the new focusing system was good for, and the ratianale behind it.

PS. But at least now you can color the Focus Frame (annoying square, following you around like CIA) to the same color as the background (so you can’t see it - but I know you are there watching :wink:)

YES, Key Commands should work universally, no matter what window was clicked last.

My #1 hit parade item. Still baffled why it isn’t fixed.

+1 for me, this can be a killer to workflow if you’re trying to use key commands extensively, or in my case, midi controllers mapped to key commands and macros.

One of the particular ones that is bothering me on this top is that selecting or scrolling to a track via a controller does not scroll the screen unless the project window is in focus. If the console is in focus, no scrolling. This really needs to be fixed.

Dan

+1

+1

+1

+10000

+10000 This really slows down project navigation for me.

Mike.

+1
I’m constantly zooming in the MixConsole when my brain believes it should be Project Arranger.

While we’re at it, how about delete/backspace? If I don’t notice my focus is still in MixConsole, and a Send is selected in MC, if I hit delete, the send is not only disengaged, but zeroed… With no undo! Dangerous, dangerous behaviour!

The whole Focusing Scheme is absolutely horrendeous IMO. Dangerous behaviour for sure!

+1

+1

+1 :exclamation:

+1

+1 again (I expect). Yes, there are some that are shared, like zoom for both the project and the mixer, but mostly they should be fed through to wherever they apply, i.e. the project window. And those that are shared could have an option to be disabled.

Mike.

Yes and yes and yes!

+1 Sure!