Key editor in write mode stops follwing notes

Hi All

Loving the new version but I have a question. The New Key editor (on midi ) at first follows any selection in the score fine, then stops and just stays stuck on one. No Matter what I do it wont change to a new selection ?

best

e

The chain icon (at the end) is enabled?

ah ha !..must have turned it of in random clicking frenzy.

Thank you

e

1 Like

Just realized if you resize the window with the up and down left and right slider control on the bottom right, this turns off the Lock function !!!

thought I was going mad

e

That’s right: if you manually scroll or zoom the window, Dorico assumes you’re now looking at something specific on your own, and won’t start following the selection again unless you tell it to.

1 Like

It actually zooms in pretty well just left alone. It highlights what you need…i’ll learn NOT to fiddle. Its on another screen to my left. Such a great feature

e

Really nice thing about this is the smooth scroll. As I click and navigate around the chained play window does a nice little ‘swoop’ - kind of seems like there’s a person behind it. Dumb little things, but that kind of stuff helps put me more in composer mode and not technical mode.

This is why I can’t stand composing in MIDI, it’s too much like engineering. But I have to produce MIDI so having it so close to the notation really works.