Key editor issue

New user here. Version 4.0.31.1060 (Mar 24 2022)

In Write mode, the key editor has a bug where it gets stuck displaying just one player . Selecting other players in the main window doesn’t do anything. The only solution I’ve found is to close the file and re-open.

I’ve spent some time trying to get to the heart of the issue, and it seems editing in the key editor
is required for the bug to surface. Moving between players without editing seems to be fine.

I’ve attached a file and a video where the bug popped up after the one edit. Often it takes a few edits in the key editor for this bug to pop up.

I’m using a mid-2014 Macbook Pro running Catalina (10.15.7)

JH_Side Street_Dorico key editor issue.dorico (1.6 MB)

Welcome to the forum, @JHMusic, and thanks for taking the time to describe your issue carefully and for including a video.

What you are experiencing is the expected behaviour. When you manually zoom or scroll the Key Editor, you will see the little chain icon (the button for “linked mode”) on the lower zone toolbar become deactivated: when linked mode is active, Dorico will follow the selection made in the score, but when linked mode is deactivated, Dorico assumes that you want to continue looking at the instrument you were already working on, and so it no longer follows the selection. To start Dorico following the selection again, reactivate linked mode by clicking its button on the lower zone toolbar.

1 Like

Excellent! So glad this is user error, because I am going use this key editor a lot. And I think this linked/unlinked switch is a great feature as well.

Thanks for the prompt assistance.