Key Editor: Replace a note with multiple notes with the same values and length via MIDI

Let’s say I have the following part:
If I enable “MIDI input”, select a note and then play another note in my MIDI controller, the note changes, but keeps its velocity and length:
Unfortunately, that does not add new notes, only changing existing ones.
Is there a way to configure this feature so it adds new notes if I’m playing more then the number of selected notes? I want to achieve something like that:

Hi,

Are you aware of Step Input, please?

Yes. Step input let’s you input NEW notes. I want to change (and multiple) an existing note with its existing length and velocity.

Mmmh, Martin might know better, but I don’t think so.

You can however Alt/Opt-drag a note event up or down on the key editor to copy it, retaining its length and velocity. Holding Ctrl/Cmd down after beginning to drag locks the time position to that of the original note event.

EDIT: Another option would be to first Copy the note event (Ctrl+C), after that you can repeatedly Paste at Origin (Alt+V) and press the new note you want to input. - EDIT #2: Scratch that, this changes the velocity.

1 Like

EDIT: Another option would be to first Copy the note event (Ctrl+C), after that you can repeatedly Paste at Origin (Alt+V) and press the new note you want to input. - EDIT #2: Scratch that, this changes the velocity.

You’re wrong. This does not change the velocity and it’s actually a good workaround I’m using for now. It might change the volume depending on the plugin you’re using (a native note = sample plugin will play the same sample multiple times which will make it louder).

Obviously this workaround is only good if you know the number of voices you want in the chord, and causes problems if the chord you’re playing don’t have the same number of voices are notes you duplicated.

Well, true, it doesn’t change velocity if you disable Record NoteOn Velocity.

1 Like