Key editor select all the notes in a bar (for selected tracks)

With the key editor open (and one or more tracks selected in the project zone), is there a quick way to select all the notes in a bar (better still multiple bars) in the key editor so that they may be edited (for example scaling velocity of all the notes). I have been selecting them with the selection tool, but it is easy to miss some if their pitch is far apart and hence they are not all visible at once in the note display area. (I had expected Select>In Loop to do what I wanted, but it just selects the bar in the project zone, it does not select the notes within the key editor).

You can use logical editor for that

1 Like

Thanks that works great.

1 Like

You have to toggle “Independent Track Loop” off for it to work the way you want here. This button is normally hidden by default if you can’t find it in your Key Editor toolbar.

You can also assign the “Select in Loop” Key Command to something, and use that along with the left and right locators as a makeshift Range Selection tool. You can build a workflow around that: for example, you can select the first and last notes that you want to edit, press P to set the locators and then press the “Select in Loop” Key Command to select all notes in-between those two.

You just want to make sure to close your controller lanes first if you want to move a group of notes using this method, since it will also select controller nodes

1 Like

Great that works too. First question I have asked here, many thanks to you both for responding so quickly and accurately. I only seem to be able to tag one answer as the solution, but they both work.

1 Like