Not quite sure exactly what it takes to reproduce this, but I rather often observe the Key Editor stops highlighting the realtime MIDI input on the keyboard figure on the left hand side. This tends to occur after I worked in the Key Editor for some time. Multi-track editing maybe possibly related, but not sure.
[EDIT] I think I’ve found a repro scenario.
- Create a new project, create two or more Instrument tracks. Record some bars, or create empty MIDI parts in all tracks.
- From the Project View, open the Key Editor by double-clicking one of the MIDI parts created in the Step 1.
- Make sure the MIDI input is highlighted on the left hand side of the Key Editor.
- Return to the Project View by Alt+Tab (I’m using Windows) or a mouse click. Don’t close the Key Editor.
- Double-click another MIDI part, which activates the Key Editor.
- Now, observe that the MIDI inputs are no longer highlighted.
Once it happens, I need to close the Key Editor and reopen it (by clicking the MIDI part in the project view window).
So far this action seems to recover the functionality. I see the realtime highlight again.
This is a regression, this did not happen on 9.0.
It’s too frequent, too annoying, interferes the work flow. Please get this fixed soon!