KEY EDITORCOLORS

RUNNING WIN 7 i7, CUBASE 6 64, ENS PRO 5, KONTAKT, RME 400, 28 GB
Is there any way the enhance the strength of color in the Key Editor?
I run large instrument sections into the Key Editor for tweaks. I use “part” in the K Editor with multiple color ranges on the instruments.
However, the colors are pale-washed out, particularly oranges, paler yelows et al in comparison to the Inspector-Event Display colors.
“General” doesn’t seem to have any bearing on the Key Edit colors and I’m striking out in preferences.
Anything that I can do?
Thanks in advance–
g.c.

Yes. Buy a new monitor. :slight_smile:

Jeff are you being facetious.
g.c.
PS The monitor you alude to has been in use for 5 weeks now.

In the key editor you can define all the colours, by using the pull down setup page (unfortunately there is no global colour control, so you have to do each one separately).

The exception to this is the PART editor mode, because the colours are taken from the arrange page. The active part is the original colour, but the non active parts are shown in a paler version of the set colour to show they are not the active part - there seems to be no adjustment to this automatic fading, but if all parts were the original strong colour, it would not show you the active part.

Thanks andyjh.
I regularly pull in 4 to 5 say, unison vln parts, and then move them individually up or down from the 1st part by 4ths so as to be able to have several parts visible to tweak.
So what I’m asking for is to be piggy and have it all. I push out some of these questions because I’m continually being surprised by how powerful Cubase can be , and often for want of simple terminolgy (I worked for years in other daws) I find that I’m making things much harder then Cubase would allow it to be, which for me then is slower workflow, ie less money. Thanks for responding andyjh
The best—
g.c.